I have missed you guys. I have missed this silly little blog. This entire year off, I have been getting emails, messages, and blog comments to approve. Crazy. I got one from a sweet lady saying I was the first blog she subscribed to, and she was sad I quit. (sad face emoji) I also got a ton of feedback from moms that were allowing their young daughters to read my blog. I had no clue that would happen when I started this. Not even an inkling. It seem so funny to me that folks would use me as an example of a role model, ha! I'm just silly ole Morgan! The more I think of it though, it makes sense. The internet and TV is FULL of snow white stick thin, photoshopped perfect people. I will be the first to admit I love high fashion, I grew up reading Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar (thanks mom), and went to fashion school in NYC. So i do love me some high fashion folks, and there’s a place for that for sure. But everyone can be beautiful no matter their size, color, hair style, clothing style, etc. However, there aren’t many examples of big women with confidence out there, or even “normal” sized women. I get it. It’s awesome to have someone who isn’t perfect, and doesn’t claim to be, to relate to online. So, I’m back, and here is what my “lost” year looked like.
Lots has changed in the past year, so I figured I’d tell y’all all about it before I start really blogging (that word still makes me giggle, blogging, ha). So here it goes, a year of my life in bullet points.
- Went to check-in for surgery, found out I was pregnant. No surgery for me!
- Got extremely sick, puked about 5 times a day for almost the entire 3 trimesters, hated life.
- Lost about 40 pounds from said puking, plus I was terrified of getting gestational diabetes and had super high blood pressure…so I ate like a person is supposed to eat. They are finding me again, and I don't care one bit. Enjoying the #momlife and the #yogapantstage. Give me all of the elastic and all of the caffeine.
- Was high risk during pregnancy, so I got seen a lot and poked & prodded a lot. How many times do they need to give me a glucose test before they rule out gestational diabetes?!? A lot apparently. And how much blood could they possibly need?!?
- Got put in the hospital for pre-term labor 3 times, and got shot up with the most painful and evil shot known to man to stop the labor. Pregnant ladies, If you hear whispers of “terb,” yank out that IV and runnnnnn. Kidding, save your kid’s life, duh. Just cry a little on the inside, or the outside, whatever it takes.
- Got put on bed rest, hated life.
- Brought a tiny human into the world in 2.5 hours start to finish, with 2 failed epidurals. Do not recommend.
- Brought sweet baby girl home the day before sweet husband started a new job, completely unexpected.
- Sweet husband went out of town for most of the first 2 months. #singleparent #ilovemymom #rough
- Had severe abdominal pain 2 weeks after birth, about the same as labor pains, sometimes worse. Ended up having to have my gallbladder removed. No, I’m not making this up. I promise. #thisismylife FYI if you feel like you are dying after child birth, you probably aren’t, but go get your gallbladder checked. Apparently its super common but NOBODY tells you about it! Yes, even for the non fatties, it happens. May the odds be ever in your favor.
- Started hating owning a business. Crappy clients sucked the fun out of it during the super stressful time. Totally not worth it anymore in my mind. A couple bad apples that weren’t able to put themselves in my shoes, made my decision to hang up my hat easy. More important things in life, and I have learned that I was not born for customer service. #creativebrain
- Had my business computer crash in the middle of it all, had to replace an expensive video card. Do not recommend.
- Had a full time job for about 6 months in the middle of all of that. Loved it. It was tough to work while I was so sick, puked in the bathroom in silence one too many times. Plus, it was such a long drive home so I had no time in the evenings for anything, but it was perfect. It was graphic/web design in fashion, and I worked with two really fun and sweet girls (ok, one was super sassy, ha, but if you are reading this, miss y’all). I’d totally keep doing it if I could do it from home half the time. Daycare costs are not worth it to me though. Was a fun job, but paid sooooo little. Definitely not working just to send my kid to daycare. Also…fashion companies = tons of girls. I was raised with only brothers and married into a family with 4 boys…girls are crazy y’all. Girls. Are. Crazy. Y’all. I can only handle so much, I’m way too laid back to even sit around and listen to that kind of drama. Girls. Are. Crazy.
- Been playing Pokémon Go like crazy, even though the husband rolls his eyes at me, even though I still don’t understand it beyond catching cute little animal thingies. Don’t knock it ‘till ya try it though.
- Dreamed about the new Gilmore Girls episodes about a million times (if you bother me on Thanksgiving I will punch you in the throat), and cringed at The Bachelorette exactly one time before turning it off…seriously guys, how do you watch that, it physically pains me to watch that. I have to turn my head away I get so uncomfortable. Started Stranger Things...took me 2 hours to get through the first 20 minutes. Kept having to pause it and go do stuff so I could get the nerve to watch it again.
- Had a bad hair year, slowly climbing myself out of the bad hair pit.
- Ignored my poor dog Finn way too much.
- Had major foundation problems on my 4 year old house…been fighting folks to fix it/pay for it for a while. Finally getting it fixed soon. #suckitbuilder #thankyouwarranty #homeownershipisrough Spoiler alert: moving soon. We are debating on buying or building. If we build, you might get to see a bit of the process on social media.
That about sums it up. It feels like it has been years since I started this blog, not just one. Nuts. I’ve been wanting to come back this entire time, but I just didn’t have it in me. My entire pregnancy though I kept telling my mom, best friend, and husband that I have soooo many maternity things I NEED to share with you guys! It’s tough being plus sized and pregnant. If you thought finding fashionable plus sized clothes was tough, just try and find plus sized maternity clothes. Ridiculous. So that will be a post soon! And next time I get pregnant, God willing, I will for sure document it for you guys because I know the plus size pregnancy info on the internet is a wasteland. Nothing to see. I also have a few favorite mommy things I am going to share with you guys, but just one post. This isn’t a mommy blog, and won’t turn into one. I’m the last person that should be dispensing mommy advice! Tons of mommy bloggers out there that do an awesome job already.
There won’t be any pictures of my baby girl. Frankly, nobody really wants to see those, beyond folks with pure curiosity to see whether my child looks like an alien or not (yes I see you instragram lurkers and follow requesters…I know what’s up…you know who you are). Outside of your close friends and family…nobody cares to see your kid…yes even your beautiful special snowflake of a child…nobody cares. An occasional picture sure, and the aforementioned curiosity, but generally...They. Are. Lying. And just being nice. My mother-in-law says her mom used to always “let” people see pictures of the grandkids. “Let” them, when really you are forcing them to see, ha! Also, I had a problem with creepers on my blog. I’m sure they will crawl back out of the woodworks. I’m not subjecting my child to internet weirdos. You may occasionally see her in a snapchat or instagram “story” (btw what in the world, are we ditching snapchat y’all, are we doing both, what is happening?!?!?! If I can’t make a puppy dog face on instagram stories what’s the point?!), but that’s it. Hope you’ll understand and respect that.
Also, I do not take it lightly that young girls are reading my blog. Trust me. I feel the weight of that and it’s importance. However, I love Jesus but I curse a little. That’s just me. Doesn’t make me a bad person, doesn’t make you better than me, doesn’t mean anything. My guess is, if it bothers you, you probably love Jesus but judge a little. So let’s get over it, shall we? I will try my darnedest (see there!) to not curse, scouts honor. Thing is, I write in a sort of stream of consciousness (if you’ve ever texted with me you will understand this, and bless your heart). I did really really well in English classes in school and college, I can write. Yes, I know the difference between there, their, and they’re, etc. This blog is different. I don’t care about grammar, I write super fast (pretty sure I could win some kind of texting competition, for real), and I write like I think. Sometimes that includes a curse, sometimes that includes improper grammar and punctuation (all the time actually). Read it before you let them read it, which you should be doing anyway, duh. If you have a problem with it, just show them the pictures or nothing at all. No worries. You do you.
Now let’s get back to some fashion shall we? Soon! Let me finish all my business stuff, its backed up like whoa and i'm busting my butt to finish it all. Sooooooon....